Thanks to rising disposable incomes, higher aspirational levels and a global-aware lifestyle, new cars are flying out of showrooms in India. There is simply no stopping the car buying junta as they make a beeline to their favourite manufacturer showrooms, with auto-dreams in mind & signed leaf of cheques in the hand.
Buying a car however, is only the first step towards making it your own. The right set of add-ons can truly let the world know just how unique & personalized your wheels are. Here are five accessories to make your car look awesome:
1. Alloys: Nothing upgrades the exterior like a classy set of well-made alloys. There are reputable shops in virtually every city & town selling a wide range of alloy-wheel upgrades that should help your car stand out. Choose from a dazzling range of designs, but be careful about fitment & size. You don’t want to be paying serious money for snazzy wheels which foul with the bodywork.
2. Lights: Most stock lights, especially on the lower priced new cars seem to be restricted by their sticker costs. A lighting bulb upgrade, either to higher-power halogens or projector setups can transform your driving performance at night. Just make sure you don’t go overboard and end up looking like a permanent Diwali light fixture on wheels, or worse, blinding fellow motorists.
3. Custom Paint/Wraps: If your stock paint isn’t reflecting your personality enough, you could reach out to one of the specialist paint shops, who could give your wheels a whole new coat. You could even try out those car wraps that allow you to experiment & let your imagination run riot, while allowing you an easy, peel-off way to return to factory paint, whenever you wish.
4. Upholstery: The stock seats & door trim can be shod with a new, protective layer of upholstery, which will also serve to transform the way your car looks & feels on the inside. Seat covers come in such a wide choice and across price points that they’re easily one of the 5 accessories guaranteed to make your car look awesome!
5. Infotainment System: Give your car a musical upgrade & watch the chaos on the streets fade away behind you. Aftermarket amplifiers, head-unit upgrades, subwoofers & better speakers are all available to let you listen to your favourite tunes in crystal clear quality.
It is an endless horizon when it comes to pimping up your car. One is limited only by the depth of the wallet & imagination. Whatever you choose; remember to trust only reputed sources for both, equipment & installation. Happy motoring.